Each situation in regards to caregiving is special and unique. However there are some strategies that can help significantly in the care for a loved one.
1) Put on your “oxygen mask first”- make sure you take care of yourself throughout the process of helping your loved one.
2) Learn how to use resources to your benefit throughout the process
3) Remember… your loved one struggles too
4) Saying the words “for now”- it is more comforting to use these words because it leaves room for other options
5) Write your thoughts in a journal in order to help the healing process
6) Tap into your inner strength
7) Change will come so make sure to remain flexible